In today's site clinic, I conduct a live audit of an eCommerce website that I've never seen before.
The website's owner has reported a high amount of traffic but a low conversion rate, with many customers adding products to their cart but not making a purchase.
Through the live audit, I provide expert tips and insights on how to improve the website's user experience and ultimately drive more sales.
During the audit, I focus on several key areas, including the website's menu, graphics, product categories, and checkout process.
Here are the action items I recommend:
- Simplify the email sign-up pop-up by removing the logo and adding a clear call-to-action button for the 10% discount offer.
- Remove unnecessary categories from the main menu and use a drop-down menu for easier navigation.
- Add a clear call-to-action button on graphics to improve user engagement and make it easier for customers to find new products.
- Use consistent product descriptions and pricing to avoid confusion and improve user trust.
- Add a filter by category to the product pages for easier navigation and to help customers find what they're looking for faster.
- Optimize the checkout process by improving the loading speed and removing unnecessary elements.
- Improve the website's mobile responsiveness to ensure a smooth user experience on all devices.
- Change the email opt-in settings to single opt-in to increase the number of subscribers and reduce the risk of losing potential customers.
- Improve the website's footer by adding clear sections for shipping, returns, and contact information.
- Use high-quality images and consistent product descriptions to improve user trust and increase sales.
By following these action items, eCommerce website owners can improve their user experience, increase customer engagement, and ultimately drive more sales.
Watch the full live audit for more expert tips and insights on improving your eCommerce website.