As an e-commerce store owner, your website and email campaigns are crucial to the success of your business.
In this post, we'll review an audit of a Shopify store and provide expert tips for optimizing both your store and email campaigns.
Shopify Store Audit
The store we'll be reviewing is Mahafaris.com.
Upon visiting the site, we noticed a few areas for improvement, including:
- Language: The store uses language that could be considered disrespectful to women. We recommend reviewing and revising the language to better reflect the values of the brand.
- SEO: The store could benefit from some work on the SEO side of things. We recommend conducting an SEO audit and implementing changes accordingly.
- Shipping: The store is not currently shipping to several countries in the Middle East, which could limit potential sales. We recommend expanding the store's shipping options to reach a wider audience.
- Currency: The store is not accurately displaying the currency, which could cause confusion for customers. We recommend fixing this issue as soon as possible.
- Product Pages: The store's product pages could use some improvement. We recommend adding more content about the collection, including what the product is made of and any other relevant details. Additionally, we suggest using one call-to-action button instead of two, and ensuring that the product images are clear and of good quality.
Email Campaign Audit
Next, let's review some of the email campaigns we received and provide feedback on their effectiveness.
- Promotional Emails: Many of the promotional emails we received did not display properly, as the images were not accompanied by alt text. We recommend using alt text for all images in email campaigns to ensure they display correctly.
- Text-Only Emails: Text-only emails can be effective, as they are more likely to display properly in a recipient's inbox. We recommend using a combination of text and images in emails and ensuring that the call-to-action is clear and prominent.
- Personalization: Emails that use personalization, such as including the recipient's name, can be more effective than generic emails. We recommend using personalization where possible to increase engagement.
- Mobile Optimization: Many people check their email on their mobile devices, so it's important to ensure that emails are optimized for mobile. We recommend testing all emails on mobile devices to ensure they display properly.
Overall, optimizing your e-commerce store and email campaigns is essential to driving sales and increasing engagement with your customers.
By following the tips outlined in this post, you can improve your store and email campaigns to better reach and engage with your target audience.
In case you want to watch the full video, it's in our eCommerce Growth community on Facebook